STGi Offers Flexible Work Hours and a Sign-On Bonus
- Are you looking for a more balanced work life?
- Are you tired of the demands in hospitals and private practice settings?
- If you are a dedicated hard worker who is extremely passionate in providing healthcare services and exceptional care to patients, we have the job for you...
STGi provides detention health care services including medical, dental, and behavioral health to individuals in custody within ICE detention facilities. We are seeking Medical Records Technician candidates for full-time and PRN/Per Diem healthcare positions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in a healthcare setting as a medical record technician, medical record clerk, unit secretary, or similar position where the processing of electronic medical/health records was part of the daily responsibilities.
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, updates, and maintains a medical record for each patient ensuring accuracy of information.
- Maintains appointment system for patients and clinical staff where applicable.
- Tracks compliance with scheduled patient appointments, making timely reminders notices, or calls to the clinic and IHSC staff prior to each appointment where applicable.
- Determines coding for relevant medical record forms from appropriate references.
- Files/scans laboratory, radiology, and other reports in appropriate sections of the electronic medical record within prescribed time period.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
STGi is driven to positively impact our customers, our employees, and the communities that we serve.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a PTO and paid sick leave policy.
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.